Editing is not the same thing as proofreading. Though these two are used as synonyms they are two different stages of revision process. Both demand close and careful reading, but they focus on different aspects of the writing and employ different techniques. Editing is begun after completion of first draft.
Editing includes judging whether the paper is well-organized, the transitions between paragraphs are smooth, and your evidence really backs up your argument. There are several levels of editing. These are:
- Content: It includes accurate and consistent claims, valid and complete argument and adequate evidence to substantiate you claim which leads to justified conclusion.
- Overall structure: It includes relevant introduction and justified conclusion. Introduction and conclusion act as bridges that transport your readers from their own lives into the "place" of your analysis. Once you've hooked your reader with the introduction and offered evidence to prove your thesis, your conclusion can provide a bridge to help your readers make the transition back to their daily lives.
- Structure within paragraphs: Proper editing of a document includes a topic sentence and a main idea in each paragraph. It also ensures that the paragraph doesn't contain any extraneous or missing information.
- Clarity: After final editing the meaning of each sentence should be clear to the reader. The pronouns used must clearly refer to the respective antecedents and proper words should be chosen to express your idea.
- Style Citations: This is an important level of editing. The editor must have a keen look at the source of cited quotes in paraphrases. And it must be ensured if they are cited in proper format.
Earth Lingua, New Delhi, India offers world class quality as far as editing is concerned. This is one of the most reputed companies in India where adequate numbers of creative and confident editors are available who improve the formatting, style and accuracy of the text of your document. Our editors are skilled grammarians and wordsmiths and they write bright and engaging headlines to make your document more impressive.
The editors at Earth Lingua, New Delhi not only edit the content but also they pay equal attention to the overall structure, Structure within paragraphs. They also look for clarity of meaning, style of writing and citations. Our expert editors usually make significant revisions to the content and wording of your paper. They keep an eye out for patterns of error while editing long documents like thesis and dissertation. They develop new techniques for spotting and correcting future instances of that pattern.